Monday, June 2, 2008

Plants

Well this has been the most difficult thing to choose at this point. I haven't had much success with plants yet. My 20 gallon has some, but except for a few, most did not do well, so this will be the most challenging part for me I guess. While I have to decided upon the plants yet, following are what I am considering
  • Riccia tied to Riccia stones covering half of foreground. Goes well in Discus environment (PH 7, Temp 82 F) and relatively easy to grow.
  • Hair-grass for rest half of foreground
  • Amazon Sword for some of mid and back ground
  • Moss (Java or Peacock) on driftwood
  • Didiplis Diandra and Rotala Magenta for mid and background. These will give some accent to the aquascape. Both need high lighting and does well in Discus PH and temperature levels. But both are difficult to grow so we'll see how it goes

No comments: