Monday, June 2, 2008

Fishes

I have 80 gallons. By theory 1 inch of fish / gallon.

What I have
  • 1 Betta - 2"
  • 7 Platties - approx 1" each - total 7"
  • 2 discus - approx 4" each, expecting them to be double that size so considering them as 16" total
  • 3 Danios - 1/2" each, total 1.5" let's say 2
  • 6 Corys - 1" each, total 6"
  • 1 pleco (pigmy variety known to grow upto 4")

So I have about 37" of fish. Accounting for the growth I will consider them to be upto 50". That leaves just about space for 4 more discus. I plan to add 2 after setup, watch for 6 months or so and decide adding more.

Now, does Betta, Pleco and Discus seem a wild mix. For me they work out just too good. I kept the 2 Discus to check their compatibility with these fishes and for the last 3 months, all of them are at perfect harmony.

No comments: